Saturday, July 25, 2015

First Letter....wahoo!

Dear Family,
The MTC is awesome!  After I left you guys I thought I would keep bawling my eyes out but I couldn’t because of all the smiling faces.  They kept me moving around for a while so by the time I sat down, I wasn’t in the crying mood anymore.  I got my name tags (A clip one and a magnetic one), my room assignment, ID card and other books and stuff.  My companion is Elder Dayley from Idaho.  We’ve gotten along fine and he seems like a really great guy.  The MTC Presidency talked to us about serving God and not mammon (Matthew 6:24) and gave us examples of missionaries who did and didn’t follow that counsel.  It was really spiritual.  Dinner was good. Did some discussions with investigators as a big group which was interesting.  The other 2 Elders in our room are also going to OKC and we had a good time as roommates sharing scriptures and praying together tonight.  My p-day is Monday and I go to the temple at 9:10am.    I need to get to bed so goodnight.  I love you all so much.  
Elder Larsen
P.S. Can you send me my consecrated oil and miniature Preach my Gospel?

P.P.S. In the drawer in the dining room are 2 jars.  I have a thought for you guys for every 2 weeks I’ll be gone.  Start with the one that is by itself.


So excited to get to read these messages from Tyler every 2 weeks.  What a thoughtful son! Love him!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment