It's been another amazing week here in Seminole! I feel like the Lord is opening the flood gates and blessing us in so many ways :)
For the 4th of July we got to go to Norman and have a zone p day with the other missionaries which was so much fun :)
Wednesday morning we went and did some yard work for Tonya which was great. She's started reading the Book of Mormon again and she was going to come to church but her son got sick so hopefully she'll make it this next week. In the afternoon we had a pretty good lesson with Allan. He's making progress and seems more and more committed each week so hopefully he'll make it to church soon. After that we visited with some less-active recent converts and they made it to church yesterday which was cool :) In the evening we had ward council and it went great!
Thursday morning we had comp council (President got rid of weekly planning) and we cleaned our apartment for inspections. In the afternoon we drove to Wewoka and then biked around. We got some potential investigators and had a couple of lessons with members. After dinner we visited Ron and decided it was time to drop him...
Friday we had zone conference in Norman and it was amazing! So much revelation. It was my last zone conference and so I got to give my departing testimony. It's starting to hit me a little more that I'm going home soon but I refuse to get trunky and I'm sprinting to the finish ;) After zone conference we started exchanges and I got to go with Elder Burton. I went on exchanges with him back when I was in Yukon so we had fun. The Lord blessed us with a new investigator and we had a great lesson with Gordon. Gordon is realizing how similar our beliefs are and is interested in coming to church and trying it out.
Saturday morning we went to Maud and biked around trying to visit people. In the afternoon we met up with the Pauls Valley elders and exchanged back. Then we went out to the booney's and visited a less-active, contacted a media referral who's already a member, and then had a great dinner with the Welsh's. Fun day with lots of driving!
Sunday after church we biked out to try a former investigator named Myra. She has a daughter and a sister who are solid members of the church. We talked with her for a little bit about the Book of Mormon and as we were about to leave Elder Shira asked an inspired question "Why are you interested in learning more about the church?" and she told us that she wants to change her life. She talked about how whenever she visits other churches something doesn't feel right but when she goes to a mormon church she feels guilty because she knows it's true. So yeah, she seems super solid! #Miracle After that we talked to a native american guy on his porch and he accepted a Book of Mormon and told us we come back sometime #Miracle Then we went to go try a potential named Larry. He's an older guy and when we rode by his house last week his grandkids were in the front yard. So we talked with them and gave them pictures of Jesus and as we were leaving, Larry called out to us and told us he wanted us to come back. So we went back and knocked on his door and he let us right in. He's in a lot of pain because his leg got bit by a brown recluse spider and he didn't get it checked out by a doctor quick enough and it doesn't look too pretty... So we started teaching him the Restoration but before we started, I felt prompted to offer him a blessing. But I decided I would just ask him at the end of the lesson instead. As we were teaching him, we weren't sure how much he was understanding, he seemed a little out of it. So finally, I followed the spirit and bore testimony about how Christ healed the sick when he was on the earth and how as representatives of him, we could give him a blessing. He said he wanted one so we gave him a blessing and afterwards his mind seemed a lot more clear and seemed to have more energy. It was a such a neat and humbling experience, definitely a miracle :)
I recently listened to a BYU-I devotional by President Eyring titled, "Raise the Bar". I love this quote from it:
"The Lord is anxious to lead us to the safety of higher ground, away from the path of physical and spiritual danger. His upward path will require us to climb. My mother used to say to me when I complained that things were hard, “If you are on the right path, it will always be uphill.”And as the world becomes darker and more dangerous, we must keep climbing. It will be our choice whether or not to move up or to stay where we are. But the Lord will invite and guide us upward by the direction of the Holy Ghost, which He sends to His leaders and to His people who will receive it."
I like to say that if life wasn't hard it wouldn't be worth living. We can know we're on the right path if we're learning and growing and struggling and stretching and becoming the person God wants us to and knows we can become. Life isn't easy but with the Savior's help it's possible to not only endure but also to enjoy the uphill climb to the summit :)
Thank y'all so much for all your love and support, I feel so blessed to have such amazing family and friends! :)
Love, Elder Larsen
No comments:
Post a Comment