Monday, October 26, 2015

Transfers


Dear Family and Friends,
I am being transfered to Clinton, Oklahoma! I'm so sad to leave the 7th ward. I love this area and it's going to be hard to leave it but I'm excited for the new adventures I'm going to have. My new companion is Elder Quiones who also just got done being trained. My new address is:

711 S. 20th Apt 22
Clinton, OK 73601
Tuesday we had a do or die lesson with Taryn and Jonalea so hopefully they will be able to get in the habit of daily prayer and scripture study so we can continue to help them progress.
Wednesday Elder Holbrook had to go to trainers meeting so I spent the first part of the day with Elder Dayley (My MTC Comp) in the Edmond 4th ward because his trainer is also training again. We had a good time together and got to do some service :) That evening we had an awesome lesson with the less-active's girlfriend, Ashley. She is progressing really well and I think she'll be baptized before Elder Holbrook goes home in December.
Thursday we watched the restoration video with the 5 kids. The spirit was so strong and I think it helped them better grasp the concept of the Restoration. Still just waiting for permission with them.
Friday we got to do some service and then I went on exchanges with one of our zone leaders, Elder Quijada, in Yukon. We had a good exchange even though almost everything he had planned fell through.
Saturday we labored all day and pulled straight 0's. But it was still a good day because we were doing what the Lord wanted us to do :)
Sunday was the ward's Primary program which was awesome! I also found out where I was getting transfered to which was nice after a whole week of uncertainty.
Our appointment with Helen last week fell through so hopefully I'll be able to say goodbye on Tuesday before transfers. Even though I haven't had any baptisms in the OKC 7th ward, I've been able to see the gospel change people's lives and that's what matters. Missionary work is the best and it's so rewarding! I'm so grateful for the wonderful experience I've been able to have here with Elder Holbrook in the 7th Ward. I've learned so much and I'm excited to continue learning and growing.
I hope you all have a wonderful week. Thank you so much for all of your prayers in my behalf and in behalf of my investigators. You are in my prayers.
Love, Elder Larsen
Proverbs 3:5-6; Isaiah 55:8-9




No comments:

Post a Comment