This past week was a slow one for various reasons. Mostly because we didn't have as much time to proselyte with General Conference and Zone Conference. Let's just say I'm feeling a little spiritually obese (Proverbs 28:25) after this past week ;)
Monday evening we had a good, down to earth talk with a less-active member who was baptized 2 years ago. He and his wife have been lacking in faith recently and they know it. But they're taking steps to get back to church and eventually go to the temple and be sealed so that's exciting! We watched the Sunday Afternoon Session of Conference with them yesterday which was awesome.
Tuesday I got to go to my very first Zone Conference. It was so cool! I learned so much from President and Sister Walkenhorst, the APs, and our stake president. It was also cool to hear missionaries departing testimonies. I hope by the end of my mission I will have become a consecrated missionary. One phrase that I have been focusing on recently is "Forget yourself and go to work." I'm trying to do better at simply focusing on loving and helping people come unto Christ instead of focusing so much on my weaknesses.
Wednesday we drove the 60 miles to Watonga with our housing coordinators to visit a referral from some Spanish speaking sister missionaries. The lady's name is Mae and she is like 90% blind. She's super nice and super interested in the gospel, the problem now is getting the resources we need to get back out to Watonga as well as getting her access to the Book of Mormon. Apparently the Church distribution services no longer makes the BoM on CD because "you can just download it". Unless you're in the middle of nowhere with a blind 82 year old woman who doesn't have internet. So we've got to find some way to get her a BoM she can actually use. We got our first new investigator in forever though so that's awesome! :) (We also saw the Google Street View Camera Car thing which was also awesome!)
Thursday we made one last chance to reach out to Freedom Sinclair. She ignored us so all we can do now is pray and wait and hope.
Friday we had a great district meeting about pride. Definitely something I need to work on. We also went with the El Reno Elders to do service for this lady named Linda. Her backyard is basically a jungle so we spent hours destroying plants which was fun.
Saturday and Sunday were so much fun. In between the morning and afternoon sessions, both days, we got fed lunch by members and got to have fun as missionaries (as evidenced by the attached pictures ;)) Conference was so awesome and I got more out of it than I ever have in my whole life because I was able to put so much effort into it. So cool to see the 3 new apostles and hear their humble testimonies. President Monson is a trooper for making it through his entire talk. It will be interesting to see if he stands up in conference again or starts doing what Packer did. If I had to pick a favorite talk I would either pick the one by Larry R. Lawrence about asking "What lack I yet?" or the one by Neill F. Marriott about "It will all work out". So many awesome talks, it's almost overwhelming.
Anyways, we had 3 lessons fall through this week so we weren't able to meet with Helen and some of our potentials. Taryn and Jonalea were busy this week. We were able to meet with the less-active and his girlfriend for the first time in weeks which was good. They haven't been doing too hot with their commitments though because life has been crazy for them. The 5 kids baptismal permission is basically out of our hands now. We've done all that we can so now we get to be patient and wait for Bishop to do his thing. Just have to keep on preparing them for baptism so that when the glorious day finally comes they'll be ready.
Before I give the weekly miracle, I need to repent of unconsciously stopping my practice of including the weekly miracle. Randomly, during Zone Conference, I realized that I'd stopped giving a miracle each week in my emails home. So, sorry for not showing enough gratitude for the many miracles I've been blessed with. The miracle this week was going out with Brother Judd. He volunteered in church last Sunday to come out with us Tuesday night. We were kind of scared because Bro Judd is a little bit crazy but he did awesome and I think he had a good experience which was a miracle :)
Tomorrow we are moving into our new apartment which will be super nice because it puts us in a much better location geographically. I will send you all my new address as soon as I get it. I hope you all have a wonderful week! Make plans to continually treasure up the many words of inspired counsel we just received from conference!
Love, Elder Larsen



No comments:
Post a Comment