This past week has been amazing! I'm loving my new area and the Lord is blessing us with so many miracles and tender mercies. Serving is Yukon is going to be such a blast :)
Monday I had a fun last P-day in Tahlequah. We ate dinner with our ward mission leader and then went out teaching and had a good lesson with a part-member family. It was great!
Tuesday morning I got all my stuff packed and after lunch we biked out to try a potential and found a new investigator on the way #Miracle The potential we visited dropped us so we started knocking on some doors and ran into a guy named Todd who was on his way work. We walked with him to the smoke shop down the street where he works and had a good conversation with him while he was working. It was kind of interesting teaching about the Book of Mormon in a smoke shop but hey, one of the ladies who was there heard our conversation and told us that her daughter has some questions about religion. So then we followed her to her daughters house and had a cool lesson with them. Her daughter started talking about some crazy theories that she has (something about how God and Satan are the some person because there's so much evil in the world) and so we taught the first half of the plan of salvation and they were both like, "Wow, this actually makes a lot of sense. I've never heard anything like this before." It was a super cool lesson and I hope they made it to church this last week. After that we went back to the barn, grabbed the car, and went out teaching with a returned missionary who actually served in Tahlequah a year ago and fell in love with one of his converts and is now living in Tahlequah and dating her. We had a good restoration lesson with a family and after dinner we got to go out on splits with the Elder Quorum. Most of the stuff we had planned fell through but it was still a fun evening :)
Wednesday morning we woke up a 3:45 AM #NewMissionRecord, got ready for the day, loaded up my stuff in the car, drove to Muskogee to pick up some things and borrow their van, drove to Pryor to carpool with the Elders there, and drove to the church building in Edmond by 8:30 so one of the Elders could be there in time for trainers meeting. It was crazy! Transfers was fun, we don't have a car in Yukon so a member drove us home and fed us lunch on the way. Also, I talked to one of the Sisters in Ardmore and it sounds like Justin and Kadie are getting baptized! So excited for them, they're so cool! After lunch we got some things organized, grabbed a few things at Walmart, and did some tracting before dinner. In the evening we ended up visiting a less-active family.
Thursday morning we did weekly planning and the rest of the day we did a ton of biking around and trying to visit people without much luck. I did get lots of the apartment cleaned up though so that was good :)
Friday morning we had district meeting. It's kind of cool to be leading the same district that my trainer was leading when I first got to Oklahoma. Our district consists of us, the Sisters in El Reno who share the OKC 5th ward with us, and the Elders in the OKC 7th ward. After district meeting it was super windy but we biked around and did a lot of tracting. We found a couple of new investigators though so that was awesome! As we were biking around before dinner and I got into my second bike crash on my mission. It was pretty epic. Just like last time, the thing that got injured the most was my pride. I also got a cut on my right hand and right foot on the pole I flew into. Wish I had it on video. I was going around a curve in the sidewalk a little too fast and lost my balance. I was headed straight for a pole so slammed on the brakes and went over the handlebars and hit the pole with my arm and leg (and possibly my head. I was wearing a helmet so I'm not sure). Thankfully I landed on grass and my bike was fine since it came to stop when I put on the brakes. And the less-active we visited afterward gave me a bandaid for my hand so I'm fine :) We had dinner with a part-member family the Edwards. The Dad, Tim, and his son, Justin, are getting pretty close to baptism so we're excited for them :)
Saturday morning we had correlation/breakfast with our ward mission leader, Brother George. He's awesome! After lunch we visited a less-active recent convert couple and had a good lesson with them. It was like 85 degrees, perfect weather so we went to a park and had a good conversation with a couple of people sitting on a bench. We were going to tract a little before dinner but then one of our potentials called us and said she needed help with her garage door so we went and helped her and she wants to meet with us this next week. After dinner we biked around and tried to visit some less-actives.
Sunday was great! Our ward meets at 11 and the 7th ward meets at 9 so I saw some members from my first area which was cool. I even saw the legend Brother Judd! (update on the 116 lost manuscript pages: He's going with a member of the ward to California to get them out of a vault or something like that. I'll keep y'all posted ;)) Anyways, Tim came to church and said he's planning on getting baptized so that's great :) After lunch we visited an investigator named Tina and had an interesting lesson with her. She likes to bring up random stuff like polygamy and Jospeh Smith but she claims to be open and she accepted a Book of Mormon so we'll see what ends up happening with her. Before dinner we did some tracting and found a new investgator #Miracle After dinner we both prayed about where we should go to tract and we both felt impressed to go tract Asbil Street. On one of last doors we knocked on a guy named Brandon answered the door and instead of saying the typical, "Now's not a good time guys" he said something like, "Now is a good time guys, I need some help." We talked to him briefly, gave him a Book of Mormon, and set up a good time to visit him this next week. It was such an amazing miracle! The rest of night we visited a couple recent converts and had good visits with them.
I came across a scripture in the Book of Mormon this week that stuck out to me.
"And the Lord God hath sent his holy prophets among all the children of men, to declare these things to every kindred, nation, and tongue, that thereby whosoever should believe that Christ should come, the same might receive remission of their sins, and rejoice with exceedingly great joy, even as though he had already come among them." - Mosiah 3:13
I like this scripture because it associates receiving a remission of sins, repentance, and change with rejoicing with exceedingly great joy. It was simple reminder to me that repentance can be a positive, daily, and refreshing experience. There is so much joy in repenting daily and continuing to grow and progress.
Well, thank y'all so much for your love and support, I really do appreciate it. My new address is
1006 Summerton PlYukon, OK 73099
Have a wonderful week and Happy Valentines Day!
Love, Elder Larsen
D&C 128:15
1. Me with our ward mission leader in Tahlequah's airplane
2. Elder May and I after my epic bike wreck :)
No comments:
Post a Comment