Monday, January 30, 2017

Temples are the best!

Dear Family and Friends,

This past week has been a pretty crazy one with lots of meetings and such but I received a lot of revelation so it was good :)

Monday evening we tried to visit a lot of people without much luck.

Tuesday we woke up at 5 and drove to OKC for our temple trip and interviews with President Mansell. It was such a neat experience and I learned SO much. The temple is simply the best! :) We got back to Tahlequah around 8:15.

Wednesday we woke up at 4:40 and drove to Henryetta so we could catch a ride to Edmond for Greenie Graduation. Elder Hanks did great and it was a fun meeting :) We got back to Tahlequah at 5:15, ate dinner, had an awesome lesson with a less-acive/part-member family, and our 8:00 appointment fell through.

Thursday morning we drove 30 miles to Wagoner to start exchanges with the Elders there. They don't have a car and so I got to bike around all day :) It was a blast and we saw some neat miracles!

Friday morning we exchanged back, watched the first half of the Worldwide Missionary Broadcast, ate lunch with some members, helped some other members move some heavy furniture, drove to Muskogee to do a baptismal interview, got back to Tahlequah just in time for our 7:00 appointment with a less-active family, and got to have a good lesson with them :)

Saturday morning we finished watching the missionary broadcast and then did our weekly planning session. After that we had a lesson with Erik and committed him to come to church but he didn't make it unfortunately. After dinner we drove out to the middle of nowhere to try this investigator the previous missionaries were teaching who we have been unable to make contact with. We were able to find his trailer and teach a pretty good restoration lesson. He seems pretty open and interested, the biggest problem will just be the fact that he doesn't have a phone and therefore can't confirm or set up appointments with us. So we'll see how it turns out. Our appointment at 8 cancelled but we were able to track down a less-active who the ward has been looking for so that was cool :)

Sunday was good. Kaylin came to church with her husband again which was a cool miracle :) They didn't stay for Sunday school but we called Kaylin earlier this morning to set up an appointment and she said that her husband has some questions for us so that's really exciting :) She met with our Bishop this last week and got some of her questions about the temple answered so that was good. After church we went on splits with the Bishopic. After dinner we had a sweet lesson with Jerron on the Plan of Salvation. He's still progressing pretty well, he had a rough/busy week but hopefully this next week he'll be able to make it to church.

You might have heard about some changes to the missionary schedule. Basically, we have a lot more flexibility now and we get to do planning in the morning instead of the evening. So now when we get home at 9 we don't have to stayed dressed in proselyting clothes and plan for the next day. I love the new changes!

I came across a cool scripture this past week in D&C 19:20
"20 Wherefore, I command you again to repent, lest I humble you with my almighty power; and that you confess your sins, lest you suffer these punishments of which I have spoken, of which in the smallest, yea, even in the least degree you have tasted at the time I withdrew my Spirit.
I think that the greatest blessing we receive from being obedient is the ability to have the spirit in our lives. Whenever we are disobedient, an immediate consequence is the withdrawal of the spirit. "When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes our quest, in that moment God will endow us with power." Let us choose to be obedient so that we can have the power, peace, and guidance that comes from the Holy Ghost.

Thank y'all for all you do for me. I love my mission and I know that Christ lives!

Love, Elder Larsen
Helamen 6:35

1. Haha definitely not my best selfie ever...
2. Elder Hanks and I with President Mansell

No comments:

Post a Comment