Elder Knight and Elder Larsen
This past week has been amazing! Our investigators are progressing and we've been very blessed.
Tuesday we were unable to fix Elder Knight's bike tire and there isn't a store in Clinton or Weatherford that has the right size of tube so we had to find one online. So we've been doing a lot of walking. And I mean a LOT of walking. That night we had a member out with us and we were able to teach 3 solid lessons which was definitely a miracle!
Wednesday we ended up going tracting for part of the day because of our bike situation. It was pretty ineffective and we got rejected by about everyone who actually answered the door. That night we were able to teach a lesson to Laura with someone from the ward who speaks Spanish so that was really good.
Thursday we visited Carl and made a plan for him to stop smoking. We counted out his last cigarettes and he let us throw the rest away. He didn't end up sticking to the plan but it was still cool to see his desire to quit :) That night we got fed dinner from a member in Weatherford and then went out teaching. We visited Shyanne Pool and the member we were with was able to give her some great fellowship :)
Friday was the first real district meeting this transfer because last Friday all we did was watch the broadcast. It went good and I'm so excited for this transfer! That afternoon we visited some members and ended up visiting Elvis Allison. He's a really funny guy and he sang us some country songs which was hilarious!
Saturday morning we taught the restoration to a 16 year old who seems pretty interested. We set a baptismal date with him and we'll find out this next week if he's keeping commitments. In the afternoon we went with Bishop to Thomas, Oklahoma to give an elderly member a blessing but when we got there, the Elders in Weatherford had beat us to it. Apparently they randomly decided to go visit him right when he needed a blessing. So that was cool but we also were able to go visit an excommunicated member which was a neat experience. That night we met with the ward mission leader to go over the ward mission plan.
Sunday we had 4 investigators at Sacrament Meeting and all 4 of them have baptismal dates which was a really cool miracle :) I also went to the Spanish group's sacrament meeting for the first time which was really cool and I was able to understand a lot of what was being said :) Bradley and Shyanne Pool were there for their 3rd time, Carl came for his 2nd time, and Bessie was there her 3rd time. They're all progressing and doing well, and if Carl can quit smoking this week he can be baptized on the 13th! So exciting! After Sunday lunch with the Wolfe's, we went with Brother Wolfe to visit some elderly single sisters. They're some awesome sisters and they have a very special and sweet spirit about them :) That night we visited Bradley and Shyanne. We read The Family: A Proclamation to the World and committed them to praying about marriage so hopefully they'll decide on a marriage date this next week!
This week I read one of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon. It's in Mosiah 24:14-15
15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.
There's been countless times on my mission when I've wondered whether I had the strength to keep on working, to keep on being diligent. But as I've excised faith by working hard even when I don't think I can and when I don't really want to, the Lord has truly blessed me with strength. There's been days where I've asked myself, "How did I have the energy to keep on going? I should have been too tired to do that." I testify that as we submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord, as we excise that great faith, we receive the divine strength we need to make it through trials and afflictions. He's always there and we can always turn to him. He will not leave us comfortless.
Things are still going great in Clinton, Oklahoma and on Thursday we should be able to start biking again which will be a relief. Walking around everywhere has definitely been testing my patience ;) I hope y'all have a wonderful week and thanks again for all the love and support. Y'all are the best! :)
Love, Elder Larsen
Mosiah 26:18, 20
I used Carl's cigarettes as golf tees #BlessingsOfTheWordOfWisdom









No comments:
Post a Comment