My MTC experience has been absolutely amazing! My testimony has grown a lot and I've learned SO much. It's kind of overwhelming how much stuff I've been learning so hopefully I took good enough notes and will be able to remember everything I need. The spirit is so strong at the MTC and in some ways I wouldn't mind staying for a couple more weeks.
This week we worked pretty hard but towards the middle of the week we started running out of things to do and people to teach. They started teaching us the same lessons over and over again which was kind of boring for me but I managed to survive. 3 of our 4 "Investigators" were pretty easy and straight forward to teach except for Arnold. Teaching him was a very humbling experience and I'm so glad I got to teach him. When we taught him for the first time I was a little too confident but I was quickly humbled which was something I really needed. We were able to commit almost all of our investigators to baptism so that was cool. I can't wait to get out into the field and start teaching real people! My two teachers (Sister Tueller and Sister Smith) are amazing and I feel so much more prepared to enter the field now.
The miracle this week was the Tuesday night devotional. An emeritus general authority (Kendrick) spoke to us about personal revelation and it was an awesome talk. The cool part was the district devotional review we had after the devotional. One of the members of the Branch Presidency (Brother Briscoe) led the discussion and he taught us some really cool things. I'd been having a couple of doubts about the gospel and I was questioning my testimony. During the discussion, Brother Briscoe said that whenever he has doubts about the gospel he remembers the times when he couldn't deny the influence of the Holy Ghost. I felt like he was talking directly to me and hearing that helped me so much. I was glad that I wasn't the only one who has doubts from time to time and taking his advice helped me to dispel the doubts. I thought my testimony was pretty strong when I entered the MTC but it's been strengthened so much and I'll remember the amazing experiences I've had here for the rest of my life. It has been one of the most humbling experiences I've every had.
I feel so blessed for my companion and district. Our district really was a family and we had so much fun and so many cool experiences. I'm going to miss the missionaries that are going to Chicago West, they're awesome Elders. Saying goodbye to them last night was so bitter sweet.
One of my favorite things this week was Gym Time. It felt so good to go outside and run around. I was getting pretty tired of sitting in a classroom all day and I wish we would've had more gym time. Our gym time was almost always right after dinner though which was kind of annoying. I can't wait to get out into the field and be able to work out in the mornings as soon as I wake up instead of having to try to run right after I eat dinner.
I want to say thank you to everyone who has sent me packages and letters, it's so exciting to hear from friends and family. I love and miss you all :)
I leave for Oklahoma at 3:35 AM tomorrow morning so the next time you hear from me I'll be in Oklahoma☺
Love, Elder Larsen
P.S. I've decided I like handwritten letters better than E-mail. Either works but if you want a longer response, feel free to write me a letter :)






No comments:
Post a Comment